Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Di
Follower
Follower

I have ATT verse. 300 MB connection. Base can't connect. Cameras don't play. I have all green lights and firewall is not the issue. Browsing is very slow - What the what is this thing? I spent $1,000 for nothing?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need. More. Data. Details would help figure this out. Have you used both the app and browser? 

Paul17
Tutor
Tutor

i use an iPad and iPhone but just get a "loading" message but no video. Can someone help me?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've replied to a few other messages just now about this.  One message is sufficient.

You MUST be on the same network as the base station to be able to set up the system.  Thus, connect your phone to your WiFi router and perform the setup.

Paul17
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for your response. I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough in my last request for information. When one of the cameras detects motion, arlo sends me an email. Within that email is a still picture of the camera shot from the camera that had or detected motion. But when I click on the hot click here button to see what's going on all I get is a message saying loading and there is no motion video that is viewable. I am sure that I am connected to the same network. I hope that explanation is more clear.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Paul17,

Welcome to the community! I have a few more questions that will help isolate the cause of the issue if you don't mind.

-What device and browser are you using when trying to view the video from the link?

-Do you get the same results if you try using a different device/browser?

-Are you able to view the videos from your library without issue?

For this feature you actually do not need to be on the same network as the base station to view the video linked. For example you could be on a 4g device and still view the link. The problem you are having sounds like it may be with the device you are using to view the content. Let us know!

JamesC