Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
simpint
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone tell me the precise specifications on the screws included for the magnetic dome? My kit was missing one set of screws for one of the domes and I tried using something similar but the camera has fallen down multiple times now because of this.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I use an everyday sheetrock screw...corse thread, goes in easy tapered head.

Almost any screw will work , it just needs to be tight ( and the head fits the keyhole )

the trick I've found it to tighten a 1/4 turn at a time when it seems tight and barely goes on  and push in on the mount when pushing into the keyhole ( so it's real tight on the mounted surface )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
simpint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've used other screws with the dome but it just doesn't stay on. It crashes to the ground but THANKFULLY, Arlo is made well enough that it's been able to withstand several falls on to concrete from about 10-feet up!

The screw that comes with the kit is fairly short and has a domed head. I've used a tapered head-screw but when I do, it doesn't even stay after I let go of it. Perhaps the screw I'm using is too large. But I've called up Netgear to ask them specs on the screw and they couldn't even tell me.

Weird, right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The specs aren't important. The only issues are 1) the screw is long enough to be solidly inserted and 2) the screw head just fits in the circular part of the mounting holes. It almost sounds like you're mounting the magnetic base upside down. To be clear, the slot should point up so that when the mount is slid over the screw, the weight slides the mount down firmly into the slot. Sorry if this seems like it's an insult - it's not meant that way.

If that's not what's happening, describe in detail what is.