Setting up the schedule

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
snappity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just set up our first Arlo and it could NOT have been easier, and I am already wishing I'd gone all in for the big pack. Now I'm setting up schedules and modes and rules. Here's what I want:

Super sensitive motion detection and auto record from 10p-6am. I got that one figured out.

Less sensitive detection/recording from 9:30-3. Or, basically I want a recording if someone walks up to our Arlo and tries to take it - is Motion Off = no recording at all? I don't want it recording in those hours that we are home and in and out of the house regularly. When I try to do this, I can't seem to make two windows of Motion On, just 12-6 and 10-11:59 - nothing in the middle.

Already super impressed and my neighbors are already asking where I got it! (after showing them it in action!) 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

snappity wrote:

Less sensitive detection/recording from 9:30-3. Or, basically I want a recording if someone walks up to our Arlo and tries to take it - is Motion Off = no recording at all? I don't want it recording in those hours that we are home and in and out of the house regularly. When I try to do this, I can't seem to make two windows of Motion On, just 12-6 and 10-11:59 - nothing in the middle.

Again, it's all in the rules and Modes. Create new rules with lesser sensitivity for each camera needed and assign them to a new mode. Then schedule the new Modes in those time slots you want. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezie?? 😛

On, yeah, All motion Off is just that. If you really don't want videos at certain times, use that. If you want reduced sensitivity to still record certain things, use the new rules/Modes. Just drag the appropriate mode to the approximate location in the schedule and use the separator bars tyo adjust the times.

snappity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I figured out how to set the blocks of time in the iOs app - on Chrome, it wasn't letting me build the daytime slots.

But, right now it should be motion off, but it is recording motion as my husband works in the yard, and saving those videos. Here's how the schedule looks (and how I want it to look) so why is it recording video at 6-7pm? Any ideas?

ETA: I think I've figured it out. The Motion Off mode still had a rule, so it wasn't really motion off? Or something. I think I have it figured out, but definitely the hardest part of setting this up is untangling rules vs modes, and the app seems much easier for setting up the details.) Love it! I already want more.

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 7.15.56 PM.png