Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up my Arlo system with a Verizon hotspot ellipse that has no outlets how do I do it I'm new

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Goodmojo
Follower
Follower
My Verizon hotspot the ellipsis just has a port to plug in the charger it's the only means of internet that I have and I purchased this Arlo system thinking that that's all I need . obviously I'm very ignorant when it comes to the internet any help would be greatly appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You need an ethernet port to plug the base station into to connect to the internet. If not you can get a wifi extender with an ethernet port to plug the base in to. I never used a hot spot but i have seen posts were the wifi extender will work. If not someone correct me. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

As @dcfox1 says, you need an Ethernet port to plug the Arlo hub into. (Some newer Arlo cameras can connect to your wifi.)

One option is to get a wifi extender that can latch on to your hotspot's wifi. Then plug the Arlo hub into that.

This is a recognised way of adding another hub to an Arlo system for people who need to extent the reach of their  camera network.

Something like this:

WN3000RP | WiFi Range Extenders | Networking | Home | NETGEAR

Look for a device with a LAN port. No need for speed. The LAN ports on the hub are 100 Mbps.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime