Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chuckd9
Follower
Follower

Someone is deliberately messing with our horses (turning off water, breaking pipes, opening the gate, etc).

I would like to set up a camera with motion detection, that will run off of its own battery, and store the video locally in an SD card.  There is no power on the site, and no internet connectivity.  I can get a cell signal, but I am looking for something without a "cloud based plan".

Every few days, I will check on the camera and see if the motion detection was triggered, and review that video.

When checking, I could either swap the SD chip, or use my iPhone Hotspot to connect, and review the footage.

I tried searching pretty extensively, but seem to get vague inconclusive results.

Can any Arlo do this?  If so, which models?  I really appreciate any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chuckd9 wrote:

Can any Arlo do this?  If so, which models?  I really appreciate any assistance.

Arlo is built on a cloud model, so you would need to use a "cloud plan" of some sort.

The Arlo Go has built-in LTE, can accept a microSD sim card, and comes with 7-day free cloud storage.  So it is closest to what you are looking for.   Though they are hard to find right now.

airprtlts
Aspirant
Aspirant

You need to get a game cam.  I believe some have video nowadays.

Elektrk
Aspirant
Aspirant

As regards power: one can do two things/which do no require original battery or charger/: open the camera cover-remove the battery-remove with a sharp pin the port for micro-usb charger on the right side/ now you can power ultra with micro-usb-charger anywhere (using power-bank-if needed).