Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
xtcnafive0
Guide
Guide

I have set my cameras to "do nothing" when motion is detected during specific times but I cannot uncheck push notifications and email alets at the same time.
When I uncheck push notifications the save button is greyed out.
I do not want to receive any notifications during the disarmed schedule.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

xtcnafive0 wrote:

Technically I have not set it on DISARMED.
I simply created a new mode that's called "Front cameras off" and I chose "do nothing" when motion is detected.

Whenever I add a new schedule the only two modes to choose from is "ARMED" and "Front Cameras off". 

DISARMED is not one of the schedule options.

Thats' because with the schedule, any time slot NOT allocated is DISARMED automatically.

The Schedule isn't realyy a mode tho it's listed there, but just a vehicle to turn on and off other Modes at certain times.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

unplug and then plug the base back in

Check again . ( I just tested that and was able to change , so not a bug )

But from you statement, it seems a bit off ( may be my misunderstanding )..If your DISARMED in schedule, you achieve the same action as there are no alerts when disarmed... so my question is why would you want it to do nothing ?

The only time i can think of using Nothing is if your using the camera as a trigger device for other cameras OR just want alerts but no recording

xtcnafive0
Guide
Guide

I simply created a new mode that's called "Front cameras off" and I chose "do nothing" when motion is detected.

Whenever I add a new schedule the only two modes to choose from is "ARMED" and "Front Cameras off". 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

xtcnafive0 wrote:

Thats' because with the schedule, any time slot NOT allocated is DISARMED automatically.

The Schedule isn't realyy a mode tho it's listed there, but just a vehicle to turn on and off other Modes at certain times.

xtcnafive0
Guide
Guide
Thank you for the info.
I've had these cameras for a long time and I had always thought you had to allocate every slot in the schedule for the entire 24 hours.
I'm getting tired of the cameras detecting me everytime I cross their paths and sending me alerts of myself lol.
I'll delete the entire schedule and only allocate the ARMED slots then leave the DISARMED slots blank.
Thank you again TomMac.