Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Server deleting old videos marked as Favorite

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Lfang
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed my videos already flagged as Favorite but are older than 7 days were being deleted overnight on the server (into the Recycle Bin along with other non-favorite videos) for the past 3 days. I restored the files, re-flaged as Favorite and even turned off Manage Storage option yesterday and videos older than 7 days were still deleted regardless of Favorite status. The languages on the website clearly stated that videos flaggeg as Favorite will not be deleted. This seems to be a serious glitch, anyone else noticed this? and any plan from the Arlo team to correct this? I've never had a problem with locked filed in VueZone.

27 REPLIES 27
pdxatx
Guide
Guide
There was a change, since recent software changes you are now strictly deleting content after 7 days.
DiSo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is just frustrating. When I bought the solutions all favorites where stored but it gave you less space for the 7 days. This was fine for me but now all is deleted, I did not get that notice! (actually checked for an email saying that you changed the plan, found nothing)

Just had some kids vandalize my garden last weekend, favorited it, and now its gone. I know now that I have to download it, but its to late. Why change something that worked so good? to save a few megabytes? please... 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry that you had a problem...but in truth that option NOT to delete favorites has been gone well over a year ago.

I think it even happen before the big sw change in late dec 2015.... Favorites were changed to a filter method only to allow quick choice to d/l.

Download is you friend...ALWAYS down load the important files in you service period before gone

edit..by reading back, full change was aprox mid 2015

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------