Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sensitivity different for each camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joe_A_EP
Aspirant
Aspirant

is there a way to haev different sensitivity for each individual camera.  I have editted rules in the modes, but each time I change the sensitivity on one camera, it changes the sensitivity for my other cameras to match.

I would like one set on 60, another on 95, and a 3rd camera probably around 80.

Any advise?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe_A_EP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I found my error.  I was trying to change the sensitivity for each camera under one rule.  I have a rule for each camera and the specialized sensitivity for each is working fine.

I appreciate the comments received.

Now, if someone can explain how to delete a rule.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Each camera should retain the motion sensitivity setting you give it. Perhaps try create your own mode and start from scratch with the sensitivity and record duration. Failing that, give support a buzz

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have separate sensitivity settings for various cameras so, yes, it's possible. Is this a custom mode? Have you tried creating another?
Joe_A_EP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I found my error.  I was trying to change the sensitivity for each camera under one rule.  I have a rule for each camera and the specialized sensitivity for each is working fine.

I appreciate the comments received.

Now, if someone can explain how to delete a rule.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit the mode.  In thaat first screen are choices to delete individual rules or the whole mode.

Joe_A_EP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, I see.  I set up my rules ont he default "Armed" mode.  By doign this I am unable to delet the rules.  However, I set up a new Mode and do see the ability to delete the individual rules.

I appreciate your help.

I imagine a hard restore of some sort would delete the rules I set up in the default armed mode.  However, I don't think that is needed.  I am using the Geofencing, and have rules set up for each camera.  So when the Geofencing arms the system after I leave, it applies the rules I have set for each camera in the "Armed" mode.  So it seems I have the sensitivity settings I need.