Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sensitivity Keeps changing from 20% to 80%

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Epps
Aspirant
Aspirant

The sensitivity on my Arlo camera changes on its own. I keep it at 20, every time I check after getting multiple notifications (usually within a few days), it will have jumped back up to 80.

How can I get my Arlo to not self adjust?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the base unit ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Epps
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not. But now I will.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing the setting in your modes and rules? A lot of folks make the mistake of thinking that the motion detection test is the way to set it.

Epps
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think that is how I was doing it. So I need to change it in rules? How?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go to MODES. click on base and modes will be on right...... hit the pencil or ">" to edit ARMED... click edit on camera, then under Motion is detected , hit edit again...change slide bar for sense level ( higher is more ) then save

Most of mine run at about 90%... change it up or down from the default 80% only 1 or 2% per time, test... you want max detection without a lot of false triggers

Morse is faster than texting!
Epps
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now since I reset my base station the app isn’t recognizing it. I removed it and tried to reinstall it and it says that there are no Arlo devices found! How do I fix this?

I can’t fix my modes until I have a base station/cameras to use.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed all devices from Settings, My Devices? After you do that, hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot and try again.