Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second base station on basic (free) plan if you have 5 or fewer cameras on your account?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MichaelRogers
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can you add a second base station (for purposes of range extension in the same home) on one account using the basic plan as long as you have five or fewer cameras on your account?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup.  The number of base stations is not a limiting factor anymore, only the number of cameras.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup.  The number of base stations is not a limiting factor anymore, only the number of cameras.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do you do that? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pet1700 wrote:

How do you do that? 

If you mean add a base, You purchase one ( they aren't sold separate ) with a second kit and then add it under the ADD DEVICE .

Then then you sync the closest cameras to each base for best range.  ( of course it need ethernet connection either with a cable or range extender that has a port )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sharonshrvprt
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a new base station and four camera set for a second home. I cannot seem to add cameras to my new base station.  It automatically added one new camera to my other Arlo base station.  What to do.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can first remove that camera under settings...remove device.

You first have to add in the second base to yor account. Mind that you can sync more cameras than allowed by you level, the extras can't be active 

btw you don't mention the service level you have in case you are on basic and want more than 5 cams

sharonshrvprt
Tutor
Tutor

Confused.  I bought a new, full set of cameras and base station for home #2.  i understand I can only have 5 cameras at home#1 under the basic plan.  Are you telling me that even though I bought a second system for home #2, I can only have a total of 5 cameras for both homes?

MichaelRogers
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sharon,

Just use a different (2nd) email address and then share the cameras of the two accounts with each other as "friends." For certain programming full functionality, you'll have to login under different accounts, but "friends" can select the modes and turn on/off the motion functions/schedules assuming you grant them that power.

I have 13 cameras across 3 accounts and 3 emails and it's really fairly integrated. I only need to login to one account to control the entire system (unless I'm doing more detailed programming of a mode or schedule). A little hassle up front (including a second email if you don't already have 2), but it's pretty easy after you get your initial settings done. Once I got my settings and schedules right, I don't tinker anymore.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sharonshrvprt wrote:

Confused.  I bought a new, full set of cameras and base station for home #2.  i understand I can only have 5 cameras at home#1 under the basic plan.  Are you telling me that even though I bought a second system for home #2, I can only have a total of 5 cameras for both homes?

Yes and No....

Yes on the basic plan ( read FREE ) you are limited to 5 cameras with muliple bases if wanted.

Your choice is to

1) upgrade your plan which would allow 10 cameras and more storage days ( good idea ) . You can have all on on account and in 2 locations as you want.

2) Do as Mike mentioned and open 2 accounts than share back the cameras.

For less than $100 yr you get a much better system, which for me was offset by the reduction of homeowners ins cost...maybe look into it.

If you think about it the cost is low compared to one incident ( 30 days is great to go back to for review if away , 7 is kind of short )

sharonshrvprt
Tutor
Tutor

AWESOME.  THANKS. SOLVED!

sharonshrvprt
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much.  Problem solved.  You're awesome.