Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JR
Aspirant
Aspirant

In a couple of the mounting/installation illustrations I've seen, the actual magnet (the dome) appears to be separate from the white plastic part.  Is it supposed to be detached so that the plastic part can be screwed into the wall/brick/etc, and then the magnet gets re-attached to the plastic somehow?

If I simply try putting the screw into the wall and then "hanging" the entire magnetic mount, it isn't firmly held to the wall.  And thus the weight of the camera always causes the magnetic mount to rotate so that the camera is at the 6 o'clock position.

I'm sure I'm missing something because it shouldn't be this complicated.

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's really a press fit... slowly put the screw in till you can just force the plastic part onto the screw. ( btw, I did put a request in for a small access hole in the metal to be able to ighten the screw )

Or as others have done, get some 3m stick-ons ( type used for plastic wall hooks that come off without damage ) or 3m foam double stick tape.... the camera isn't that heavy.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's really a press fit... slowly put the screw in till you can just force the plastic part onto the screw. ( btw, I did put a request in for a small access hole in the metal to be able to ighten the screw )

Or as others have done, get some 3m stick-ons ( type used for plastic wall hooks that come off without damage ) or 3m foam double stick tape.... the camera isn't that heavy.

Morse is faster than texting!
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can also drill a small tiny hole in the white plastic ring part and stick a small nail or another screw in it to keep the mount in place and keep it from rotating.

JR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to both of you.  I tightened the screw just enough to limit movement, and then a tiny nail at the top of the white plastic ring did the trick.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I also experienced this issue.

What worked better for me is to use a different screw with a larger head than the screws that were supplied, which helped.

Prairiechick
Aspirant
Aspirant

PLACEMENT of cameras in UNIQUE way...

Took metal corner piece like on dry wall corner....Located on sloped lot..Was able to insert metal into ground in camouflaged area..and have camera in proper position because of magnetic attachment. Do same inside.. Alows me to move camera around to detect internal thievery.  Hope this helps someone..Also have no trouble with low placement..Close to floor as long as angle is correct to Placement of Camera.

jp55
Initiate
Initiate

Agree, it is a stupid design which doesnt hold the camera mount in place properly. Could of very easily be fixed by altering the design slightly.