Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Simon_L
Tutor
Tutor

Despite reading through other posts, still driving me mad trying to set up schedules for different cameras.

I have a camera in the garage, one for the front door and an internal camera.  I would like the outside cameras monitoring/recording at certain times during the week, then at different times for the weekend.  Similalry, the internal one for different time on different days.

I created multiple modes for the cameras and then head to scheduling.  If I add 1 mode - fine, shows on the schedule; but adding another mode then overwrites it.

For example, if I would like both of the external cameras monitoring and recording 24hrs, 7 days a week.  The internal one from 12:00am to 6.00am on weekdays and then from 7am to 6pm, and internal from 6.30am to 9.00am on weekends

How do I get different cameras at different times on the schedule.  I am having to leave all armed at the moment as I cannot for the life of me work this out

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A second base could be a solution but a two modes should do the same thing.

mode 1: all 3 cameras (Armed or a custom mode)

mode 2: only cameras 1 and 2 (custom mode)

schedule:

weekdays:

mode 1 - 12:00AM-6AM, 7:30AM-6PM

mode 2 - 6:01AM-7:29AM, 6:01PM-11:59PM

weekends:

mode 1 - 12:00AM-8AM, 7PM-11:59PM

mode 2 - 8:01AM-6:59PM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs here on modes, rules and schedules?

Each mode has rules for a specific time period. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. You then schedule the various modes for the selected time periods. Only one mode can be active at a time so you'll need to crewate as many modes with appropriate rules as needed for your situation.

Simon_L
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, read the FAQ's, instructions, other posts etc.

From what a can gather, a rule doesn't affect the time the camera operates, only what it does when it detects movement, or if another device detects movement.  The scheduling is a seperate issue.

What I want to achieve:

Cameras 1 & 2 - Always on and ready to record 24/7

Camera 3 - on from say midninght to 6am weekdays

on from 7.30am to 6pm weekdays

on from midnight to 8am weekends

on from 7pm to midmight weekends

If I set up a sechedule for cameras 1 & 2, that is fine, all good.  As soon as I create a schedule for camera 3, the segment of overlap overwrites the fisrt schedule and the times for cameras 1 & 2 are changed.

I am guessing you can have more than one concurrent schedule running; consecutive ones yes, but not concurrent.  It would seem a second base station would be needed to allow me to achieve what I am after

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A second base could be a solution but a two modes should do the same thing.

mode 1: all 3 cameras (Armed or a custom mode)

mode 2: only cameras 1 and 2 (custom mode)

schedule:

weekdays:

mode 1 - 12:00AM-6AM, 7:30AM-6PM

mode 2 - 6:01AM-7:29AM, 6:01PM-11:59PM

weekends:

mode 1 - 12:00AM-8AM, 7PM-11:59PM

mode 2 - 8:01AM-6:59PM

Simon_L
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that, will give it a try.

Looks like about the only combination I hadn't tried Smiley LOL