Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduled Modes stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Georgie7054
Aspirant
Aspirant

First, I noticed the Arlo app on my iPhone was displaying "Disarmed" when the Mode on the web app showed the mode selected for the time within the schedule. Can't be sure,, but I believe the Arlo App used to do the same, e.g. I have a mode called C1 and C2 and C3, and have it in the schedule as the mode to apply 6pm to midnight 
Then one night recently, I noticed, C3 was no longer registering motion and capturing video which I know it used to (always caught me when I went out for more firewood)
Searching on the web came up with all the usual lame suggestions like plug it in, reboot etc, but my tests finally convinced that some software change has made it impossible to schedule 6pm to Midnight, i.e. to 12:00am
6pm to 11:59pm works fine....but 6pm to 12:00am does not, and in fact it appears you can't even select 12:00am as the end time for the schedule anymore....
With the original settings, the web app still displayed the mode specified, while the iPhone app displayed "disarmed", and although the web app still displayed the mode set, the base station just didn't operate for that timeslot

So, here's my question, and if you're going to respond to it, Please read the above evidence of abnormal behaviour first....

Question - how do I secure my place between 11:59pm and 12:00am while using a schedule, does the above behaviour mean that alll arlo secured sites that run on a schedule cannot be secured between 11:59pm and 12:0am, surely that knowledge gives the burglers a window of opportunity!!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The apps/web have never allowed schedule to go thru midnight ( a day change ).

The ONLY way to schedule is to up to 1159 and then start on the next day at 12 midnight onward.

As to the possible missing min from 1159 to 1200, the 1159 setting continues to the end of 11:59:59 so there is no blank time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Georgie7054
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, but I do not accept this.

I have run tests with the camera next to me so I could easily activate it, and scheduled it for like, 2:55pm

It activates up to 2:25pm, but will not activate between 2:55pm and 2:56pm, so it absolutely stopn when the set time to the minute is reached.

Therefore, I still maintain that it will stop at 11:59 pm and will not activate till 12:00am provided you have a scheduled mode to operate from 12:00am

As for necer allowing 12:00am to be set as the ending time, I also refulte that, that was the setting I had when I discovered my camera was not activating at all for the late evednming setting because obvioisly not the 12:00am for an end time was considered invalid, which in the Webapp didn't show at all and in the iPhone app, showed as disarmed. As soon as I changed the end time to 11:59, both apps showed correctly, although the iPhone just shows a clock face icon whereas it used to show the name of the active mode, as the web app still does.

Of course, I can't set the end time back to 12:00am because of recent software changes,and still maintain that the current software means that the 1 minute slot from 11:59pm to 12:00am cannot be secured!!!

The a teat yourself with one camera scheduled, sit the camera next to you , and wave your arm past it every 15 seconds for a minute before and after the end time you schedule the camera