Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Save a video

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
2ndrowe
Guide
Guide
I recently captured a video on my Arlo camera of a possible burglary suspect and it is saved to the cloud for 7 days & then records over again.
So I was wondering how to save or retain this video.
Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@2ndrowe

If you are using an iPhone you need to go to settings andscroll down to the Arlo App. Click on that and on the next page select Photos and select Read and Write.

Or go to your PC to download it and I don't think you need any access rights there.

Let me know what happens.

Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@2ndrowe

Go to your Library in the app and play the video. At the bottom of the page you will see some options. Click on the icon that looks like a cloud with a down arro and says Download underneath it. This will save the video to your phone. I believe you can do this on your PC IDE and it will save the video to your Downloads folder.

Brian

2ndrowe
Guide
Guide
Thanks, already tried that but it then tells me “You need to allow access to Storage to download media”.
What do I have to do??
Thanks
brh
Master
Master

@2ndrowe

If you are using an iPhone you need to go to settings andscroll down to the Arlo App. Click on that and on the next page select Photos and select Read and Write.

Or go to your PC to download it and I don't think you need any access rights there.

Let me know what happens.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@2ndrowe

I don't know if they have change it recently, but the filename will be the time and date the video was taken, but it is in epoch time. To convert it to normal time use the epoch converter here:

https://www.epochconverter.com/

This might be important if you have to go to court.

Brian

2ndrowe
Guide
Guide
Thank you Brian, that did it.