Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jimmyyz
Guide
Guide

I have tried to open the link to my arlo/ netgear on my Samsung tv web browser many times. It will open on iphone, I pad, laptop browser with no issues. It will not open link to arlo or Netgear on samsung browser or from Yahoo email alerts on my tv.The message is server not found, any help or updates would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Works for me but my TV is brand new (4k model). Your network for the TV has to be set right so check in the TV settings to ensure everything is OK. Does anything else work in that browser?
ant
Mentor
Mentor

jimmyyz wrote:

I have tried to open the link to my arlo/ netgear on my Samsung tv web browser many times. It will open on iphone, I pad, laptop browser with no issues. It will not open link to arlo or Netgear on samsung browser or from Yahoo email alerts on my tv.The message is server not found, any help or updates would be appreciated.

How old is that HDTV? Maybe its web browser is unsupported?

jimmyyz
Guide
Guide

The tv is less than 1yr old the model is un65 js8500. It's the latest Samsung suhd 4k 3d .

jimmyyz
Guide
Guide

My tv is the new ultra  4 as well. It's less than 1yr old . The model is Samsung un65js8500. I'm not sure which settings I need to check any help would be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just the network settings themselves. Especially DNS. This sort of device isn't supported so if you can't make it work, it's all up to you to fix, if that's even possible.
jimmyyz
Guide
Guide

Under network settings I have two choices. Select wired or wireless. I have wireless and it only shows the router and netgear.the next step when I select my router it tells me I am connected to the Internet. Is this the  network setting you are talking about? I'm not seeing any DNS to make changes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Theoretically, there could be additional network settings where you can manually make changes to how the TV connects.  If not, you've done all you can do.  And it may simply be that your TV isn't going to work unless Samsung has an update for the TV firmware.  Only the Apple TV is a supported TV setup and it uses an app.