Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Router disconnects base station

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AmandaJ
Star
Star

I have had a similar problem with a Wi-Fi printer but with headaches I did fix it.  When the asset connected to the router is idle for a period of time the router "drops" the asset and therefore disconnects it.  In the case of the printer it was no longer able to be printed to (without re-booting the PC and the printer) - in the case of my base station - no internet connection.  Router is a TP-Link TL-WR941ND.  Any suggestions?  Oh and yes I have checked the base station lights - power green - internet orange - cameras - not sure (wasn't exactly paying attention to that one - sorry)

Thanks

Amanda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AmandaJ,

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! If you have additional questions/concerns be sure to return to the community, we would be happy to assist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AmandaJ
Star
Star

Upon further testing - Netgear base remains all green lights... TP-Link modem remains fully active - however - arlo website shows all cameras and base station not connected.  I guess I fixed some of it but without active recording it's kind of useless. Ideas..suggestions..anything??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Are you still setting up the system or trying to use it after setup?

AmandaJ
Star
Star

I only purchased the system today. Using PC browser - Google Chrome - my iPhone is to old for the app 😞 so just getting the email warnings.  Need the system to monitor home from work and and check on the furry kids (dogs) Thank You 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AmandaJ,

Do you see the same behavior on your work PC as you are seeing on your home PC?(I know you said you just purchased it today so maybe you haven't tested this). Some users have had issues like this that were related to security software such as virus or malware protection software. Consider disabling any you may have and see if you get the same results. Let us know!

JamesC

AmandaJ
Star
Star

Hi James,

Yes it's the same problem however it only appears to effect live streaming - when the motion sensors are activated the feed is still saved to the portal.

Thanks

AmandaJ

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AmandaJ,

Have you isolated the issue by trying a different browser (FireFox, IE11)? Are you running any security software (norton, bitdefender, etc)?

JamesC

AmandaJ
Star
Star

Hi James,

You were right.  Mozilla gave a message that the flash player needed updating (other browsers didn't) now all works well.

Thanks very much

Amanda

PS - work is so impressed with the system that mgt is looking at using it on some of our demolition sites.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AmandaJ,

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! If you have additional questions/concerns be sure to return to the community, we would be happy to assist.

JamesC

jblunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, but I cannot connect with any broser, app phone, or through an iPad.  The only fix I have is to disconnect my base station, and reconnect each time this occurs.  Anyone have any suggestions.  The motion sensor recording till functions, but I cannot see any of the live streaming.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jblunt,

I have a few questions that might help us better understand the issue you are experiencing. Are you getting an error message when attempting to live stream? What ISP/router are you using? Has anything changed on your network since this started happening?

JamesC

perkins479
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having the same issue.  The Arlo base station shows disconnected, but the camera are still uploading video when tripped by motion.  Base shows a green light.  I have tried in the android mobile app, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome.  All have the same issue.  My SmartThings hub also can't connect to the base station and continues to notify me every hour of that problem.

perkins479
Aspirant
Aspirant

To answer the questions posed to the earlier thread, my ISP is Spectrum, I use a Linksys WRT1900ACS router.  The cameras show the message "Your Arlo device" appears offline.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried power cycling the base?
perkins479
Aspirant
Aspirant

Multiple times.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it could be a ST issue so maybe disconnect Arlo from it just to test.  Otherwise, I think you'll need to open a case with support.