Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
GRzz
Tutor
Tutor
Hi
is there a way I can turn off the cameras without taking out the batteries ?

typically I would like Turn cameras off when not in use to help conserve battery.

10 REPLIES 10
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
The latest system update came with a camera off/on switch available on a camera's Settings page.

Go into Settings -> My Devices -> <Camera>. At the top of the page you'll see the on/off switch.
GRzz
Tutor
Tutor

ok great,

I just opened it again now and its there, along with some new Armed, Disarmed options, all this was not there this morning,

Was there a new update today ?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Depends on how you logged in. If via the app and you didn't update the app until recently then yes, the on/off switch wouldn't have been there until you updated.

If, however, you logged in through a browser, the update comes through as soon as it's available on the server and that was last week.

You must have lagged behind in app updates quite a bit though if you didn't see the Armed and Disarmed modes that have been available for over five months now.
Ramboros
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just bought the system and uploaded what is supposed to be the new update. Following these instructions, I have no On/off and also no Arm/Disarm

Schorschi wrote:
Depends on how you logged in. If via the app and you didn't update the app until recently then yes, the on/off switch wouldn't have been there until you updated.

If, however, you logged in through a browser, the update comes through as soon as it's available on the server and that was last week.

You must have lagged behind in app updates quite a bit though if you didn't see the Armed and Disarmed modes that have been available for over five months now.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ramboros wrote:

I have just bought the system and uploaded what is supposed to be the new update. Following these instructions, I have no On/off and also no Arm/Disarm

So, when you log in and go to the Mode tab, you don't see an Armed or Disarmed mode? Do you have any cameras synchronized with your base station yet?

And when you go into Settings -> My Devices -> <Camera> you don't see an on/off button at the top of the camera Settings page?

Can you post your device OS version number as well as app version number? Have you tried accessing your account from a browser? Any differences?

Mia2282
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed my arlo pro yesterday and log in via the app. I cannot find the camera off/on button as well as well as the battery indicator. When i go to settings/my devices, i don't see the 'camera' option. My officemate can access these features under devices tab when he presses the wheel icon for each camera. Help, please?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the master account or a guest account that was sent to you as an invite?  If the latter, have the master account holder be sure to grant you privileges, too, although even with that setting some things are still not available to you (I believe the On/Off switch is one of those).

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i've had that happen a few times to me, not often.  Sometimes closing/reopening browser did the trick, other times opening/closing battery door worked

Mia2282
Aspirant
Aspirant
Am using the master account. Have un-installed and re-installed arlo app several times, but still cannot find the canera off/on switch nor the battery life and video/audio otions.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They're supposed to be in Settings, My Devices, your camera.  Is that where you're looking? Also, try a browser.