Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Oct 31st, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Restarting Cameras from remote location

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base model with 5 cameras.  I travel away from the location and there is a power outage.  After power comes back on I have 1 of 4 cameras working.  I restart the router remotely (multiple times) and get a second camera back.  I restart 10 more times and only get 2 cameras working.  When I got home, I popped open the battery compartment on one of the cameras and closed it and it came back online.

What good is restart if the camera's don't come back after a power outage?  Nothing I can do from a remote location and I'm not asking a neighbor to climb a ladder to pop the battery compartment open and closed.

Is there another method to use to get them back from remote location?  Can't be just me having this problem...

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

The best solution is to never have a power outage. Use a UPS for your modem, router and base so loss of power doesn't affect them. In addition, the system keeps working during a power outage. This is especially important for those with remote systems.