Replacing my VMC3030s

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
drjimmy1964
Follower
Follower

I have 3 VMC 3030 camera's - 1 is inside my house,  and two are outside.   They are EOL.   I need to know what the options are to replace these and maybe add a 4th - The original kit came with cameras that can be used inside and outside and a base station.     And that's my other question - can I just buy 4 cameras and use my base station for the 3030's or can I get these "no base station required" cameras ?    It's very non specific on the product page if cameras can be used both inside and outside. Also can the current magnet holders for each camera work on new ones ?   Or is that another purchase ?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@drjimmy1964 wrote:

I have 3 VMC 3030 camera's - 1 is inside my house,  and two are outside.   They are EOL. 

Note they will continue to function, and you will continue to get the 7-day cloud storage.  So there is no hurry.

Another factor in the decision - all new cameras will require a subscription to get any cloud storage. 

@drjimmy1964 wrote:

And that's my other question - can I just buy 4 cameras and use my base station for the 3030's

It depends on what base you have.  If it's a VMB3xxx, then current cameras aren't compatible.  More information is here:

@drjimmy1964 wrote:

It's very non specific on the product page if cameras can be used both inside and outside.

The only one that can't be used outdoors is the Essential Indoor.

@drjimmy1964 wrote:

Also can the current magnet holders for each camera work on new ones ?   Or is that another purchase ?

The mounts you have aren't compatible.

The Pro 4, Pro 4, Pro 5, and Ultra models have magnetic mounts (though not compatible with the ones you have).  Note that if you want the XL versions (which have a much larger battery), you'll need to use a screw-mount.

The Essential models require screw-mounts.

As far as purchasing goes, there will be mounts included with cameras you purchase.  But some might not be magnetic - so you might need to get some, but not all.