Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Replaced old batteries, camera will not connect

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Bhnelsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a low battery message for one of my three Arlo cameras.  As the house is a weekend property, I replaced the batteries in all of the cameras.  After replacing the batteries in the camera with dead batteries, I cannot get the camera to connect or sync.  I tried to resync the camera, by bringing it indoors and setting it next to the modem.  The camera blinks blue for about 30 seconds, then blinks amber.  Nothing will work to connect this camera.  What can I do to make the camera work again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think it may be a one time factor of the new SW update...

But, go to SETTINGS, pick the camera and use REMOVE DEVICE

then open and check batteries are in correctly and then close.

Bring back the camera as new - re sync as normal

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
stacykruse
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having this exact problem, and I've replaced the batteries in my units numerous times. Never a problem before. I've tried restarting the base unit, turning off and on the individual cameras. No luck.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think it may be a one time factor of the new SW update...

But, go to SETTINGS, pick the camera and use REMOVE DEVICE

then open and check batteries are in correctly and then close.

Bring back the camera as new - re sync as normal

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to only press the sync button on the base for <1 second.

Marz10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed your advice and removed the cam.  I synced it again as a new cam, but it does not get added to My Devices.  Any advice?

Marz10
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem is now fixed.  After syncing the cam as a new device, I clicked on Settings/My Devices/The base's link/base's name.

When I went back to my My Devices, the cam was added.  Not sure why this worked, but it seems that the app refreshed the connection to the base and added the synced cam.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bhnelsen, stacykruse

Did the troubleshooting steps provided by TomMac above resolve the issue?

Please let us know,

JamesC

hacos
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I got a "replace battery" notice for my camera so I went ahead and put in 4 brand new ones. The camera then powered up but does not synch with the base. I have done all the following:

Taken batteries in and out

Held the sync button for <1 s

Powered off and on the base

Reset button on base

Removed device (camera)

Tried to Add Device

Nothing works. I have now been trying to Add Device but the camera will not synch. It flashes blue at first and then gives me the rapid amber light indicating the sync was unsuccsessful so I can not "re-add" it.

It is mind blowing how a simple thing like putting in new batteries can create so much wasted time and frustration - it speaks very poorly for this product but I already have it so I am hoping there is a way to fix this.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I had the same thing happen to me, this is what I did to fix it:

(note: the camera in question was very low on battery.  when I changed the batteries, it still gave me a low battery indcation on the app)

1.  I took out the batteries

2.  Removed the device via the app.

3.  Resynced the camera, make sure the camera icon on the base station is flashing indicating it is in sync mode.

when the camera finally synced it showed up on my app after logging off and logging back on the app.  I did not have to use  the "ADD DEVICE"  method on the app, as a matter of fact the camera came back with the same name I had given to it,  I did have to change the setting on the cmaera though.

-  battery icon now showed 99% 

hope this helps

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

hacos wrote:

Reset button on base

Since you reset the base, your only choice is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab.  Add the base and then resync your cameras, using the brief press of the sync button.  If it still isn't working, try the reset again, holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and let it reboot to the 2 green LEDs (power and Internet) before continuing.