Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kjboyle1
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras was registering dead batteries so I replaced and now camera won't even give any signs of life, no blue LED, no flicker, nothing. I tested the old batteries and they actually were very much alive. I ensured batteries were properly inserted, tried 8 different batteries, not so much as a click or flicker out of this camera. Have only had it for a month and it's never worked well. Completely ignored us leaving through the front door for work, missed all but the tail end of the mailman every 3rd day, completely random and unpredictable. I'm inclined to return them but will give it one last shot. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be silly, check the placement of batteries... ( there's is a sticker just inside the shows the +/- of batteries )

If you are sure batteries are in correctly, and it's still DOA, then contact Netgear for a trouble ticket.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Kjboyle1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom, yes checked that and even tried putting them in the wrong way just for kicks. Dead as a door nail.

meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  I went through a similar situation today.  Try repairing the camera to the base station.  Go to the station and click the button.  It should start to blink, then click the button on the camera to get it to repair.  

Kjboyle1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, but the camera does nothing when I do that - no lights at all. Was yours completely dead with no lights at all on the camera?

meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had not replaced the batteries in my one camera for over a month.   I stopped getting the "replace you batteries" emaii.   Soooo....I went out and replaced the batteries today and could not get it to work.   i could not get passeedd the "replace your batteries" status until I re-synced with the base station.  Perhaps a different situation?  Best of luck

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI... When batteries are first installed you should see at least a blue led for a brief moment after closing door.....the flickering blue led is the auto syncing

Morse is faster than texting!
meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another suggestion and it was a problem that I had once.  It was simply a bad battery despite being fresh out of the box.  Get a volt meter and check your batteries have ~3 volts.

Kjboyle1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, battery check was the first thing I did. Thank you for the suggestion. Boxing this one up to return to Costco.