Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remember Me fails to retain password for website

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Jimbow
Aspirant
Aspirant

For approx. three weeks I've had to enter the password each time I go to the arlo.netgear website.  Remembers e-mail address but not the password.  I've used this system with four cameras for quite some time with no issues before.  The app is not an option for me.  Browsers tried are IE 11, Edge, latest version of Firefox and Chromium.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  Any help much appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I seen no issue n FF or Chrome using wind 10 ...as long as the Remember Me box is checked.

If FF, you can check Options/Security and see if a password is saved for the web location too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jimbow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip about FF but still no joy in Mudville.  I changed my password this morning but still get the message that my e-mail address or password is wrong.  I've done numerous searches recently but apparently others aren't experiencing this.  Thanks again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you using a saved username and password from the browser or relying on website to remember (I assume it's using a cookie for that)?
Jimbow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have "Remember me" checked at login.  Browser set to retain passwords and accept cookies.  Yesterday, I changed my Arlo password which didn't do the trick.  Later, I did a password reset per Arlo instructions and that didn't help.  Actually, I've had this Arlo system for probably 18 months or so and I'm not doing anything differently (that I know about).  Entering the password each time is not a major deal but it is a bit frustrating.  All ideas appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, I suspect you need to open a case with support to fix this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimbow,

If you are able to log in after typing the password correctly, this isn't an Arlo issue. It sounds like your browser is auto completing the password field (with the incorrect password).

JamesC

Jimbow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, JamesC, and to the others who responded.  I'll open a case with support.

grayfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem, same time frame.  ONna Mac using Chrome

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

grayfield,

If using Chrome, there is a small key icon in the top right hand corner of the browser. You can manage saved passwords after clicking on that icon. Make sure the correct password is set for your Arlo account.

JamesC

ArthurOtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, which just started 6 to 8 weeks ago. It always remembered my login info before that but now it keeps prompting me to enter my password. Did you find a solution? Thx. 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I'm using firefox with remember me checked and it remembers my password

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArthurOtt,

This would seem to be a browser issue. I have not been able to replicate any issues with Chrome or Firefox and the remember me feature.

Be sure the correct information is being saved by your browser. Consider clearing your cache, entering your password and checking remember me again.

JamesC

cindyl2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem - 'Remember Me' used to work and retain email and password.  Now I have to type password every time - VERY annoying.  I'm on Windows 10.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cindyl2001,

What browser are you using?

Be sure the correct information is being saved by your browser. Consider clearing your cache, entering your password and checking remember me again.

JamesC

ycart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jimbow wrote:

For approx. three weeks I've had to enter the password each time I go to the arlo.netgear website.  Remembers e-mail address but not the password.  I've used this system with four cameras for quite some time with no issues before.  The app is not an option for me.  Browsers tried are IE 11, Edge, latest version of Firefox and Chromium.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  Any help much appreciated.

ycart
Aspirant
Aspirant

chrome fails to remember my login as well, thou i checked remember me

manfredz
Hero
Hero

for anyone having this issue?  Any chance you'now have anti-virus or spyware protection software?

is the password saved ok for other sites?