Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
hauchinango
Star
Star

I have a 4 camera sytem I have had for 6 months or so.  Recently, one of the cameras has a strong red tint.

I removed the batteries, re-synched, tried new batteries to no avail.  Figuring it was a hardware issue, I contacted Netgear to RMA.

Not so easy....I purchased the cameras as a promotion to upgrade existing VueZone customers to the new Arlo platform.  I purchased this directly from Netgear and have since deleted the email "reciept".  Netgear will not send a replacement until I can provide a reciept.  Frustrating as it should be in their records that I purchased direct.

At any rate, I am stuck with a bad camera and no support from Netgear.  

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hauchinango,

Please provide me (in a private message) with the case number you currently have open with support. I will review your case and escalate accordingly.

JamesC

hauchinango
Star
Star

I replied via PM.

Not very impressed by the Netgear RMA process.

KanakaRobinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the identical problem and support issue. I hope they will support you.

I purchased my Arlo system on the promotion as well and tossed my NetVue system.

As of this point I have deleted the camera from my system and taken the batteries out and let it sit for a week.

I have purchased 4 new batteries and tried reinstalling, to no avail. Ready to throw this in the trash.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

hauchinango
Star
Star

The discussion I had with support is that it is a known hardware issue and the camera needs to be replaced.

Support has agreed to replace my camera, but they want me to the defective unit (on my dime) back to them.  Once they recieve, they will send out a new camera.  

For one, I do not feel the customer should be the one to pay shipping on a product under warranty.  Secondly, at present I have a camera that still works to an extent.  If I remove this camera to ship back, I will not have coverage for the area I monitor for who knows how long during this return policy.  In every other RMA I have been involved in, the manufacturer ships out a replacement with a shipping label.  The customer receives the replacement, puts the defective unit in the same box, slaps on the return label and goes about the day.

I offered to ship the whole kit back, my expense, if they would refund my $400 I spent on the system.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've suggested, and one person has reported he used the same procedure separately, to give the camera a "calibrated" whack to see if the filter will free up. It appears to be an IR filter that is physically moved into the light path for nighttime recording. Since it seems to be a mechanical issue a whack may help if it's just a one time occurrence.

The person who reported success said he carefully hit the camera against his palm on the various sides. Apparently when it worked it was after hitting it on the top. How he was holding it and all that we don't know. Just don't hit it with a hammer or do anything else that would void the warranty.

RPM14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have a Red Hue on the image from one Camera.  The camera was purchased thru the promotional offer from NetGear. How do I get this camera repaired or replaced?

hauchinango
Star
Star

Fight with support for a few weeks.

I asked for a refund on my entire system, which is what I would have preferred.  Finally an engineer escalated and told me a refund was not an option, but they would send a RMA replacement, shipping at Netgear's expense (the way every other company does business).  I was told this was a one time thing, so not very confident I will get any decent support if/when another of my cameras fails.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RPM14,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

KanakaRobinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing worked.

This is really dissapointing.

I see support skipped over my message - Gives you a great sense of confidence.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KanakaRobinson,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

KanakaRobinson wrote:

Nothing worked.

This is really dissapointing.

I see support skipped over my message - Gives you a great sense of confidence.

Actually, you skipped over the million or so messages from support about how to contact support. 

aldersgate
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well done with the result.  I have the same situation - support call centre staff ran thru the issue for about half an hour (most of it to confirm hardware serial number and admin stuff) and told me I'd get a replacement camera once I go through the link sent by Arlo and fill out the online form. I went ahead to complete the form only to find that Arlo requires the faulty unit to them first at my expense (international mail to Australia) then, only then they will send a replacement unit. It's atrocious practice as it's bad enough having to deal with faulty product, they want me to pay for the shipping back and me without the camera for how long the shipping will take (both ways). Totally unfair!