Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
arbeaty
Follower
Follower

When will Arlo restore the ability to have videos in a Recycle Bin for so long before they are deleted? I saw a request on this forum to have this feature deleted by a kid who was thinking his/her parents would then buy/reorder the system..... I hope you do more research on end user needs and useability than that. Ever since the most recent update, my cameras do not work as well as they used to. They are fuzzy and delayed. Fix these problems, please.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arbeaty,

The recycle bin was removed so that videos you no longer need can be permanently deleted in one step and you don't need to worry about manually managing previously deleted videos.

If you would like the recycle bin back, I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange there and post about this topic and it's importance.

The issues you are describing with fuzzy/delayed content could be interference related. Take a look at this article for more information on how to optimize your network for best performance: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

JamesC

AKMARMOT
Initiate
Initiate

That's like the dumpest thing I have ever heard of.  Someone figures out your password and hacks your system to delete items; you would have no clue.  Really bright idea Arlo.  I guess the men at Arlo relate better to the guy who posted about not being able to delete files when he was having an affair with his wife or the criminal who needed to delete evidence of him committing a crime, not the person who accidentally deletes and can't recover the file.  Nice,,,,,arlo.   Really nice.  We really should have a choice on if we want an accessible recovery bin.  When I bought these cameras, I had access to the recycle bin...Now you take this option away without giving me a choice. That's like buying a 4x4 and then recalling the vehicle and making it front wheel drive because someone complained of an issue non-revelant to most people.   Yes, most of the time a front wheel drive will work, but not all of the time.