Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recordings suddenly stopped

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mitchels
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently added 2 arlo pro 4 cameras to my existing VMB4000 base station, bringing the total cameras to 5. I have had the base and first 3 cameras since before a subscription was required, and had recordings in my library for 7 days. 

After adding the 2 new cameras, I no longer have recordings.

Under settings/subscription, The app tells me the new cameras have a trial subscription for 3 months (I was unable to opt out of this). Only the new cameras show here.

How do I reinstate my cameras to record without the subscription?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming one of the Pro 2 cameras?

Mitchels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes I can record video from the livestream or take a photo and it then appears in the library. Do I have my settings incorrectly set up for recording events?

Under settings/smart notifications, I have all alert notifications on for each of the new pro 4 cameras. The older cameras are not listed. I can’t find any specific notification settings for each of the older cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mitchels wrote:

Under settings/smart notifications, I have all alert notifications on for each of the new pro 4 cameras. The older cameras are not listed. I can’t find any specific notification settings for each of the older cameras.

That is expected, since smart notifications are a subscription feature.

You need to look at the mode you are using for the base station.  Make sure you've engaged the "armed" mode for it.  You can also look at the rules, and make sure the older cameras are included there.

Mitchels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help- much appreciated. I’ve followed those instructions and checked everything and the settings are correct - base is (& was) armed, notifications have been switched on for the old cameras (new cameras had notifications) but I still have the same problem…. There are no recordings saving to the library from motion detection. Any other ideas why?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mitchels wrote:

There are no recordings saving to the library from motion detection. Any other ideas why?

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?