Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bobcat12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two cameras that records when there is no motion. I've done the reboots and updates to no avail. Just to isolate all possibilities, I placed the camera in an empty bedroom, pointing into a corner, it still records sporadically. I need some advice. System about a year old. This started about six months ago and getting worst.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bobcat12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resetting from scratch appears to have remedied the problem. So far so good.
Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If still within a year and you have the receipt, open a case with support to possibly get the cameras replaced.
Bobcat12
Aspirant
Aspirant

14 months old and no.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try starting fresh.  Remove all devices, including the base, from Settings, My Devices.  Open and close all battery doors. power cycle the base.  Add the base back in using Add Device on the Devices tab and sync the cameras.  Be sure to note any settings and modes/rules/schedule before resetting to help rebuild what you had.

If that doesn't help, it would seem that you have bad equipment that only replacement will fix.  Maybe someone's got hings on eBay or Craigslist.

Bobcat12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resetting from scratch appears to have remedied the problem. So far so good.
Thanks
AZDesertGal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem now for over a year.  The camera has been replaced twice but still having the same problems.  I just guess there is no fix for this problem as it is a piece of junk.  

Batteries also very costly and last maybe 4 weeks.  Got one more set of batteries and when they go the camera also goes.  Need to get one that actually works and not by Netgear. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AZDesertGal,

You might try adjusting down the camera sensitivity for the problem camera. This should help reduce false triggers and preserve battery life. For more information on how this is done, take a look here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC