Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording is not showing properly; battery needs to be replaced again?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stan-51
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a basic (4) camera system that I have set cameras indoors and outside. I have (2) questions;

(1) I get alerts when a camera detects movement. When I look at the playback, sometimes it shows the area in view but nothing that triggered it. I know that the UPS man just delivered a package to my front door because the package is in view, but the person isn’t in any of the (10) seconds it recorded. What happened?

(2) two of my cameras needed the batteries replaced so I bought rechargeable batteries. I have put charged batteries in them but the Arlo system still says the batteries need charging or replaced. Why is this happening?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) position is just as important as the sense level to properly detect motion and capture it

Sometimes you have to place the camera away from the area you want to cover so the entry of person triggers the camera and allows the slight delay time to capture. it takes several seconds to even start a record... Sense level also effects this

2) if using rechargables they must be 3.7v li-ion types, the otherr lower V rechargables will give you bad readins as they see the level to low. ( only buy known brand named rechargables with a protection circuit for overload , Arlo only approves of the Tenergy cells .... also any cell that says it is over 700mahr is prob false as you can't fit that much chems in the package to allow same )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stan-51
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the approved Tenergy rechargeable batteries. Do I need to go back through the set up process and let the base relearn the cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If a base station reboot and opening and closign the battery door doesn't fix it, you may need to remove and resync the cameras.