Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording disappear from library

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Hollies
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the whole I've been happy with my arlo apart from two occasions when I really neded it to be on the ball. one of which happened today.

I received an alert to my phone that one of the cameras had been triggered. The arlo had taken three recording of an intruder. Not believing what I was seeing I went to access the footage again but the  footage was no longer there.  This happended on another occasion when the camera caught intruders I saw the footage then it almost disappeared instantaneously.  At first I thougt it was becasue I mistakenly may have viewed the footage live streaming but this was not the case.  Any tips how to retrieve footage or avoid in future gladly received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a temporary limitation displaying thumbnails and videos the Arlo library. This issue has been resolved. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.  Thank you!

JamesC

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Contact support. There's no reason for the video to have disappeared.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hollies,

Recordings will remain in the library for up to at least 7 days unless manually deleted. Are you trying to view the clips from your library or are you attempting to view from the shared link via email? Email alert links expire after 24 hours.

Also be sure there is no library filter set when viewing content in your library.

JamesC

Hollies
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your replies.  No I have checked filter and all caeras are selected and it happened day before yesterday so well within the 7 days.  I received 3 alerts that camera had been activated.  I viewed the clips via link On receiving the alerts I viewed the footage.  When I went to look at them again on Library they were gone.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hollies,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

jgpcvs
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, did you ever figure out why your library disappeared? Same thing just happened to me and I just opened a case with support. My camera's capture the motion but when I go to view the recordings they are not there. It says there are no recordings.

Turbo14
Star
Star
Same problem here. Can't see any recordings, from any day. I have confirmed that the filter is set to display all cameras. Still, nothing.
K-golfer
Initiate
Initiate

All my recording just disappeared!  It is as if the library just got wiped of all recordings.  No errors, messages, help!  This should not occur, but if something did happen, there should at least be a message stating that something happened and what, if anything can be done about this.

I have not changed any settings or filter, etc.

ShannonCC
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue. JUST set it up yesterday. It was working fine until this afternoon, now NOTHING. Recordings gone and nothing is recording now, but still receiving notifications.

Beaniee
Guide
Guide

Same thing here.  My recordings were "all" there earlier.  I received several notifications, went to view and all recordings are gone.  I haven't changed any settings.  I tried accessing the videos from my phone and my iPad but got nothing.  I hope these can be retrieved.  

Beaniee
Guide
Guide

I also manually recorded a video and it didn't show in my clips either. 

Dnelson
Guide
Guide

Same thing here. Could see camera clips earlier today, but now all gone. Arlo Pro system with Premium membership. I do have clips dated May 19th and prior, but nothing since then, even though there were several captured each day since. 

ShannonCC
Initiate
Initiate

I was told that they are aware of this problem and the engineering team is working on fixing the problem. I was also reassured that the recordings that were on there will not be lost...hope not!

Danine
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same issue. All of my recordings from yesterday and today disappeared, so I went online to see if anyone is having the same problem. Also, I tried setting off one of my cameras to test if it'll record something. I did get a notification that says it detected a motion, but there is no new recording in my library. It's frustrating to know that this problem hasn't been resolved since I've read posts from last year from other customers that had the same issues.
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same problem - was working just fine then POW... no recordings in library, even though I am receiving notifications.  I always save a smattering of recordings daily so there should be recordings starred as favs in library.  Actually, when I log in from Google Chrome, it shows me fav recordings from May 1st in my library, and I only have a free account, which is only 7 days retention from what I recall, so not sure why it should have recordings back to May 1st.  Everything looks fine with cameras, and I can manually record but the clip will not show up in library.  I do have a USB drive attached to base station, am assuming that is where clips are being recorded.  Will have to detach drive and check.

Danine
Initiate
Initiate
Check your libraries guys. I think all of mine are back! Kudos to the engineers who fixed the problem!
Beaniee
Guide
Guide

My videos are back but not all of them.....  I guess some are better than none.  

Dnelson
Guide
Guide

Problem corrected by Team Arlo. Thanks guys . Library just repopulated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a temporary limitation displaying thumbnails and videos the Arlo library. This issue has been resolved. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.  Thank you!

JamesC

Hybrid34
Tutor
Tutor

This has just happened to me as well. and isn't hte first time

Got an Alert on my phone. Opened up Ap. Tapped on the Library. Nothing there.

Then went back to the Devices screen and it has a 0 next to the timer and cog - meaning nothing to show.

James C - Looks like it hasn't been fixed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hybrid34,

Consider rebooting your base station using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Hybrid34
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James. I have 3 arlo q plus camera. No base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You didn't specify your camera and it's in the wrong section so JamesC had to reply based on what was posted. So, instead of the base, power cycle your cameras.