Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo not sending audio push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
yellowraregt
Guide
Guide

My Arlo cams quit sending audio push notifications to my phone when they detect motion.  I have the push notifications set on each camera.  I also have the email notifications sent to my phone and had to create a different email address so I would know when motion was detected as I had to assign a different sound to that email address.  I have followed the directions of several different threads including reseting the entire system and re-pairing the cameras to the base.  Any suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your talking Android phone ( you don't say )... go to the main screen and there are 3 verticle dots in the upper right... press and pick Settings,

then look for NOTIFICATIONS... if you upgraded recently the push alerts may have defaulted to OFF... there are a number of options / sounds for the alerts

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
yellowraregt
Guide
Guide

There is no On/Off

Just Notification Tone, which I've changed

Vibrate

LED Color

LED Blinking Frequency

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You are on a Android ?

BTW, I think one of the sounds is "nothing"  or off

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

yellowraregt,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo Mobile app. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

yellowraregt
Guide
Guide

I did reinstall the app to no avail.  I did everything I could, reset the base, reset the cameras and uninstalled/reinstalled the app.  Nothing.  I wasn't too worried about it as I was getting new phones for myself and the secondary user.  Got my phones and it's sending push notificaitons again.  However, there is a new issue in that I just posted another problem.  I keep getting a white screen when I tap the icon on either phone (it was happening toward the end on my other phone as well) and it locks up my phone.  It blinks several times and stays white and I have to shut my phone off to get out of it.  It happened with both my old phone and my new (this week) phone. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

yellowraregt,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC