Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording availability after Arlo Pro trial.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
levic900rr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had Arlo in my house for several years. I have 3 H14's and a VMB4000r3. I have never had an Arlo Pro subscription and have always been able to access 7 days of recordings. This has been perfect for me so I've never considered Arlo Pro. 

Recently I purchased 2 H10's and a VMB4540r3 for a second location. The new cameras came with a trail of Arlo Pro. (there was no way for me to decline this trail during the set up).  My understanding from reading these forums was that as long as my camera count did not exceed 5 I would be able to continue my current level of service without upgrading the Arlo Pro. 

Throughout the Trial period both locations worked in the same way I had experienced prior to the second home install. I got push notifications for any activity, and could access 7 days of recordings. I purposely avoided any Arlo Pro features for the fear that I might get auto enrolled. 

Once the Arlo Pro trial expired I can no longer access recordings from the second home, and I no longer get push notifications with thumbnails. 

Is there a way for me to get recordings for my second home without Arlo Pro? I purchased Arlo originally specifically for the reason that there was no required subscription. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're missing the fact that there are several versions of the Pro series - Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3 and Pro 4. Only the first two get the free 7 day plan. Any camera newer that the Pro 2 requires a subscription, hence the trial sub to get you going. Afterwards you can subscribe as needed or use local recordings by setting up a USB drive on the hub. That doesn't work the same way as cloud recordings but may or may not be sufficient for your usage.

As a side note, it's unfortunate that the app and web client use hardware versions (H14, H10, etc.) instead of actual models (Pro, Pro 3, etc.) to help with the identification. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're missing the fact that there are several versions of the Pro series - Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3 and Pro 4. Only the first two get the free 7 day plan. Any camera newer that the Pro 2 requires a subscription, hence the trial sub to get you going. Afterwards you can subscribe as needed or use local recordings by setting up a USB drive on the hub. That doesn't work the same way as cloud recordings but may or may not be sufficient for your usage.

As a side note, it's unfortunate that the app and web client use hardware versions (H14, H10, etc.) instead of actual models (Pro, Pro 3, etc.) to help with the identification. 

levic900rr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the reply. Following that logic, if I could get my hands on some older cameras to match my original set I might be able to get things working 🙂 

Thanks again.