Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording all over buggy

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
klausstahl
Follower
Follower

After some days I think I know how Arlo is supposed to work but it works buggy:

Live streaming: works after 10 times trying. Then again after another 10 time trying.

Recording when motion is detected: motion is detected and in my iPhone app the camera sign is red an flashing. Then in the iPhone app at the bottom on the "Library" tab a red "1" appears. Thats all. No record to find (with some exceptions). No alert email (with some exceptions).

I restartet the system several times. WLAN ist best (all green in the iPhone app, 8 meter distance).

The thing that works allways is "pan and zoom" under camera settings.

5 REPLIES 5
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Welcome to Arlo. I think you were very polite by calling it "buggy". I can think of worse descriptions 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

klausstahl,

It sounds like the camera is having a hard time connecting. Could you let us know your ISP, download/upload speeds and what kind of router you are using?

JamesC

maxkatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a very similar problems. Streaming works on and off. I often get "timeout" message. Then another time it works fine. My camera switches between 2-3 bars for connection. Should I be able to stream with 2 bars? I'd assume that I can stream even with just 1 bar? 

Motion detection seems to work OK. I wonder why it works OK if the camera is not able to stream? 

maxkatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried again.. one camera (closer) to the base works. The camera farther from the base just says "Please wait...". Should it stream with 2 bars? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any streaming could be problematic with only 1 or 2 bars of strength, especially depending on why they're that low.  Distance is one thing but interference from other devices is another.  Can you at least temporarily change position of the base using a long Ethernet cable? The relative positioning and even angle between the base and cameras can make a big difference.