Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recharging Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jpiette
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Tenergy per the recommendation of Netgear and the batteries won't recharge.  Anyone else with this problem and any feedback?

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Assuming you bought then via Amazon, wouldn't it be better to contact the seller via Amazon.  Netgear recommends, and makes a link for these batteries, but neither manufactures nor sells them.

Atill some basics.

When you put the batteries in the charger , do the show charging and the charging light went from  red to green when done?

Did tou buy them with charger or did you use your own charger?

btw, I bought mine through amazon.ca, one order with charger and one without and all work fine.

jpiette wrote:

I bought the Tenergy per the recommendation of Netgear and the batteries won't recharge.  Anyone else with this problem and any feedback?

jpiette
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks manfredz...I did buy it at Amazon.  It is not charging the batteries that came with the camera.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jpiette wrote:

Thanks manfredz...I did buy it at Amazon.  It is not charging the batteries that came with the camera.

The batteries that come with the Arlo cameras ARE NOT RECHARGEABLE.... They are one use OEM 123 cells.

The rechargeable batteries should be the Tenergy RCR123 at 3.7v li-ion

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Then I\d go back to vendor through Amazon.

Sounds like either your charger or batteries are defective.

One question.  When you have the batteries in charger and plugged in , do you have 4 red lights, one above each battery.  They should turn green after about 3-4 hours if batteries were discharged.