Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rechargeable Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tinkabell
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, can you use the rechargeable batteries in your Basic Arlo camera's or are these only for the Arlo Pro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes you can...Netgear has an approved set and charger package for Arlo

https://www.amazon.com/Combo-Batteries-Wire-Free-Security-Certified/dp/B01N0DVFA7/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes you can...Netgear has an approved set and charger package for Arlo

https://www.amazon.com/Combo-Batteries-Wire-Free-Security-Certified/dp/B01N0DVFA7/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8...

Morse is faster than texting!
Tinkabell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your replies,

I have looked at the rechargeable battery options, but unsure which are the best ones to buy - I can not find the Tenergy ones the Arlo have on the US site in the UK.  Does anyone have any recommendations for Arlo approved batteris - I see on Amazon that one rechargeable battery is not recommended.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Although they're not Netgear certified like the Tenergys are, the Nitecore 3.7 Volt work quite well. Maybe you can get them there or on the continent.

Avoided at all costs should be any that offer over 1000 mAh batteries.  No such great capacity.  640-750 mAh are what the Tenergy and Nitecores offer..

Another thing to watch with some "exatic brands" is that the physical dimensions may be off just enough to prevent them fitting into the battery case or long enogh to make contact.

Also keep in minf the RCR123A come in two flavours 30. V and 3.7 V.  You need the 3.7 Volt ones.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC