Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Recently switched to iPhone XR but not receiving notifications but receiving on my old phone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vvanlierde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,
I recently switch to a new iPhone XR. I dowloaded the app and connected. I can see all my cameras but receive no notifications (have done all the process in the iPhone and App to receive it). It seems that my old phone still received the notifications (I turned it on to check). How is this possible? Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Samuel23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue me and my wife updated to the iPhone XR and hers is getting notifications and mine isn’t. I’ve deleted app, made a total new log in from my old phone and logged in and still not working. I’ve copied all the setting from my wife’s phone and put them on mine and still no luck. Help please
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Vvanlierde and Samuel23,

What iOS version are you running?

Have you tried turning off the push notifications through your iPhone settings and re-turning it back on to see if that helps? You can do this by going to iPhone Settings > Arlo > Notifications > Toggle off and on the "Allow Notifications".

Vvanlierde
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I am running the most recent iOS 12.4.1 and yes I have tried to turn off then back on the notifications. Have also tried to un installed and reinstall the app. My impression is that my old phone is still getting back all the notifications (have tried to turn it back on without the SIM card and all the notifications came). The new phone is not receiving it nor my wife phone.
Samuel23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m running ISO 12.4 and I as well tried to turn notifications off and back on with no luck too.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try testing by using the default "Armed" mode if you're using the custom mode and see if that helps. Otherwise, try to reboot your iPhone XR to see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.