Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recently purchased Arlo 4 camera system from Costco and having trouble getting camera to recognized

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dennisrippe
Follower
Follower

I recently bought an Arlo 4 camera security system from Costco and am having trouble getting the camera on the front door recognized by the software. I cannot press the Sync button on the camera because I can't get the battery out of it. I don't believe I received a security key, but the camera should be fully charged and is only12 feet from the Arlo base station which is connected by ethernet cable to the Google Fiber router. I need help!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dennisrippe wrote:

I recently bought an Arlo 4 camera security system from Costco and am having trouble getting the camera on the front door recognized by the software. I cannot press the Sync button on the camera because I can't get the battery out of it. 

This is a Pro-4 camera?

What mount are you using?

If you are using the security mount, you need to remove the camera body from the mount to get to the sync.

If you are using a different mount, then you should see a button on the bottom of the camera that will relase the camera body from the shell (and give you access to the sync button).  To fully remove the camera body you need to press that button twice - once to get it started, and then a second time to pull it fully out of the shell.

FYI, this should not be in the idea exchange - since you are asking for help, not suggesting a new feature.