Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Can I reset my base station REMOTELY...when the RESTART button does not appear ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

My ARLO camera screen says "base station not connected to the Internet"...when I go to Settings, and then to Base Station Settings, I am not seeing the RESTART button...only a DEACTIVATE button. The base station and cameras are all "offline".

The base station is in a remote location, 10 miles away.  Is there any way to restart the base station REMOTELY or can YOU troubleshoot this for me  ?

Thanks,

Plzhelp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Hey Tom:

Took a ride, as you suggested. Base station plug fell out of wall switch!   Twenty miles...a re-plug...and a little electrical tape to the wall..,ARLO IS BACK IN BUSINESS.....THANKS! 

Plzhelp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

P.S. I have checked with my Internet Service Provider...the modem IS connected.  

Thanks again,

Plzhelp

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Glitches like this can happen... but thank goodness not to often. Most of the time it appears when the power is cut on/off , like a temp outage.

Unfortunately, you can only reset the base IF the reset button appears remotely.  In your case it seems like it's going to require a trip.

But before you go , verify with a diff browser or phone if able just in case.

For a remote location, I recommend a UPS for the Arlo base, router and modem... this does two things; 1) keeps all working providing the cable feed itself isn't damage during temp outages or someone cutting power. ( tests I've done in past show recording up untill batteries removed ( camera smashed situ ))  2) I've seen that during power outages the cameras can become UNSYNC'ed to the base if time is long enough. The base usu come back up but the cameras don't. There is NO option if the cameras unsync to remotely bring them back.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Hey Tom:

Took a ride, as you suggested. Base station plug fell out of wall switch!   Twenty miles...a re-plug...and a little electrical tape to the wall..,ARLO IS BACK IN BUSINESS.....THANKS! 

Plzhelp