Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Battery issue already

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
paintguy
Star
Star
I am also having an with motion and recording outside. You mentioned in your post that the led should be blinking blue when testing the motion but mine blinks Amber when not it the testing mode.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You are correct... When in testing mode the LED will blink amber  

I'll edit other note to Amber... ( brain fart here was thinking blue as when it sync's )

If you mean it it blinks amber normally when doing video capture, I've not seen that as the cams should not flash(to my knowledge) ....and I might reset the camera by pulling batteries out - in .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS to above.... I originally thought the motion test cause the LED to flash BLUE... went and tested it and it was in test mode,  AMBER.

Thought I made a mistake, went back through my notes and found out 1) it used to flash blue when I was beta testing 2) a video put out by Netgear shows it flashing blue in test mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gER1SMM27KE

So the only thing I can come up with is that the newer FW for the cameras has changed the TEST MODE LED color... maybe Netgear will prove I'm not as crazy as I think.

Morse is faster than texting!
Valconi
Initiate
Initiate

Just got my arlo 2 days now and 1 camera says very low. Also is there any way to turn camera's off to save batteries  besides to program them for certain days and times.thanks for any suggestions.

vwstu
Star
Star

You can't turn the camera's off , but you lower the sensitivity % so that you don't record every little motion like leaves blowing. I have found the batteries to be lasting pretty close to Netgear's statement. about 4 months or so. In colder weather they might need to be brought in once in awhile and warmed up and reset. I don't know of any pre-programming that can be done. I just played with the  sensitivity and record time to get them to do what I want, which is to record  anyone that comes in the path I have them set at. So far I have been very pleased with them. Remember they are not for constant real time viewing. the batteries wouldn't last.

Ruskinite
Guide
Guide

Try re-syncing that particular camera to the base station again. I had the exact problem, and the low battery message went away and I'm now going on 5 months with plenty of charge still left.