Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Base station offline. Getting "Your base station is not connected to the internet" er

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
kd
Follower
Follower

Hello ,  I am remote from my base station and getting , base station off line message .  The Internet is working at the location , How can I re boot the base station remotely?

17 REPLIES 17
laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @kd

You may trigger a base station restart in the Arlo app. When you are logged in to your account, please:

1) Click on Settings

2) Click on Base Station Settings

3) Click on Restart

4) Verify you would like to Restart in the pop-up window

Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues with your base station appearing offline. Thank you for posting in the Community! 

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

Boris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem and when I go to Base station settings, there is no restart button to push. Now what? Also, the cameras have used one third the battery power in a matter of six hours. How do I have them turn only only with motion detected?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what to tell you about the base station.  Perhaps power cycle it?

As for the cameras, do you have videos noted in the Library?  Maybe your sensitivity is set too high and you're basically recording all the time.  You may also have hit the Record or live view buttons on the Cameras screen, causing long suage of the camera.  At the very least, go to the Mode screen and check to see what is enabled.  If there's no schedule set, you have two default rules available - All Motion On as well as Off.  Ideally you would go into Settings, define one or more rules and then return to the Mode screen. Enable the schedule and drag and drop the rules as appropriate (you need to use a web browser to do this).  Once placed, you can grab the black border at the top or bottom of the rule and drag them to appropriate times.

Hope this helps.

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Boris,

First, it is important to understand the behavior of the LED's on the system. Let's make sure the lights on your base station are all green.

If the Internet LED is amber, the most common reasons are due to Internet speeds being at or below the minimum requirements (What are the minimum requirements for installing my Arlo system) or it can potentially be an issue with the base station connection being blocked by a highly secure firewall (ex. corporate network). Can you confirm if this is a residential or commercial installation.

For your reference for more advanced troubleshooting, please see the article below.

My Arlo base station is offline how can I troubleshoot it?

Please let us know if this helps. If not, is there anything unique we need to know about your environment?

I look forward to seeing your next update!

Thanks!

DeannS

Arlo Team

cberman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station doesn't even show up under settings. All I get is a message explaining how to syncronize cameras. Can you help?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cberman,

Welcome to the community! If there is no base station showing under base station settings it sounds like the base station was removed from the account.

Consider the following steps to get the base station added back to the account.

1. Verify that the base station is connected to the network on which you are trying to activate it.

2. Allow the power light and internet light to become solid green.

3. Navigate to "settings->account settings->subscription" in the web ui and scroll to the bottom of the page and click add a base station.

4. The S/N will auto-populate providing it is connected to your network, verify the S/N, select your time zone and click continue.

After these steps are completed you may then sync cameras.  Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

joeOnBrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I can't see my cameras on my desktop computers. I have get a similar message when I try to see my cameras through my desktop computers using IE or Chrome (latest versions). My desktop, connected to the same router as the base station, has about 12MB/s bandwidth to the interenet, and my wifi has at least 6MB/s connecting the cameras to the base station. My base station's lights are green. My i-phone app (iphone 5) and my android app (Galaxy 4) both work fine, showing all four connected cameras. Any ideas about how to fix this?

thanks,

joe

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello joeOnBrooks,

When was the last time you were able to view your camers via the Web UI? You could try to troubleshoot one of your browsers by clearing the cache and restarting the browser. Please ensure that Adobe Flash Player is up to date and is enabled/installed within the browsers you are trying to view your cameras. 

Looking forward to the results after you've tried the above suggestions. 

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
joeOnBrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks much for your suggestions. I've tried clearing the caches on both browsers, and Adobe flash seems to be up to date and working properly. A speed test from the computer shows network access at about 10MB/s. My cell phone gets booted from Arlo viewing when I log in from the desktop, but shows cameras before that. I get the message: "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router," but that is clearly not the case.

Trying other computers, the issue is consistent across two desktop computers and a laptop computer (all windows based, two with 8.1 and one with 7).  I am able to see the cameras on a Mac laptop running Chrome and an Ipad running Safari. Do other users have problems with arlo on Windows computers?

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

joeOnBrooks,

After you've performed the troubleshooting steps and we could see that it did not resolve what you are experiencing, it is best to contact our support team for further assistance.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Kathymax
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I go to settings I can't find base station restart.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, My Devices, click on your base station. Restart is a button at the bottom.

Lareynaegomez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello everyone, I'm having same issue of gentlemen above. My base device doesn't go beyond the 3rd light. I followed all your advices but so far nothing is working. I even opened It to see if something was loose but everything is intact.

I rebounded it, I reset it the camera also. But nothing seems to work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A properly workin base will only have the three LEDS from the left (power, Internet and cameras) lit green.  No others should be lit.

noshortcuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

The optioin to "restart" is not present on my screen. I've tried two Windows Computers and two browsers. I've also tried on my Android. My base station shows 'offline' since yesterday. I am remote and can only confirm my internet is working. No options are available in the App while the base station is "offline" and there is no "restart" button. It would be great if it was possible to do as advised by laurenc, but it's not for me.

Mjunqueira
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear,

I am experiencing the same problem and having tried to reset remotely my base station I was not sucess solving the problem. The Base Station appears to not be connected even though wifi is Ok. What can I do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing?  Should be 3 green ones - power, Internet and camera.