Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
antbrown963
Follower
Follower

My system no longer sends oush noifications.How do I resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

verify in settings that the pushes are turned on...they now can be on/off per camera

If above all correct, uninstall the app and reinstall

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, no longer getting push notifications on iOS 9.  I have push notifications turned on for Arlo within the iOS settings, so I assume you are referring to settings within Arlo?  Where in settings can I find push notifications?  I've checked both the web based settings and also the iOS app settings, and can't seem to find anything related to push notifications.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK I found it... you have to go under "Mode" section, not "Settings" section.  Under "Mode", select your base under "My Devices".  Next, select the edit icon to the right of "Armed" and then select "Edit" for each camera listed.  On the next screen, towards the bottom, there's an option to select push notifications, so make sure this is checked for each camera that you want to receive push notifications.

So why did this change?  I used to receive push notifications for my cameras in the past.  If they made some change on the back end that affected it, then the default should have been set to push, not the other way around.  I'm completely disappointed in this product for the 9 months that I've owned it.