Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications failing to extra users

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

We have one Arlo account (my name/phone/etc) and with push notifications going to me as the owner, and to my husband who has been granted full access to all cameras with access rights. About the time the email notifications stopped (another bone of contention), he stopped getting push notifications (he just mentioned it today). We rechecked all his settings, cleared the cache etc., to no avail. The EOL statement says, "Some automatic email alerts and push notifications may be reduced or eliminated". Apparently extra push notifications have been eliminated? Anyone else seeing this?

If I was annoyed about the email going away, I'm extra annoyed that the push notifications only go to me. What is the use of granting someone access if they never get notified? I often grant access to my neighbor when we're away (and vice versa) to keep an eye on each other's house.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have all devices tried removing and re-installing the Arlo app?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First we need to know the camera model(s).

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Pro

Arlo Pro3

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro is now officially EOL (as of July 1) but the Pro 2 is not slated for EOL until Jan. 1, 2025. Are you missing push notifications for both camera models or just the Pro?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lywaz wrote:

We have one Arlo account

There is only one login allowed at a time.  So if you are sharing one account, you probably need to set up a different account for your husband, and then use the "friend" feature to share them.

One caveat - you will need to migrate your account to "Feed" in order to get sharing to work.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I only get push notices for my Pro3 it seems. My husband still gets nothing. 

Pretty useless. Given you have eliminated email notifications I can say I won't be buying new Arlo cameras. 

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

We are not sharing accounts. He has his own and I have granted him access to the cameras and base station. 

Migrate to feed? What? 

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok my account has been migrated to feed, I saw that in another post, had to fake having a pro5 camera. Both me and my husband see the updated features if you can call it that. 

One thing I don't like is that I had custom modes before, now there are just three, and I have to screw around with schedules to approximate what I had before. Another strike. 

And I'll note my husband still is not getting any push notifications, not even from the Pro3.

In summary since mid November... no email for either of us. No push notifications for someone with whom I shared the devices. I lost my custom modes. The general response from arlo is too bad, EOL, you should buy new cameras. Sure I will, just from another company.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @lywaz 

Do you have the push notifications set to notify everyone within your Device rules? You can check this by navigating to Routines > Modes > select the desired mode(s) > Device Rules > Select Device(s) > Add an action to send notification > Notify everyone.

You can also double check that the shared access user under your Profile > People > Select individual > Make sure they have access to the allowed device.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes to both your questions. He sees all cameras and has administrative privileges.

He got notifications until my arlo app "upgraded" to the feed design. Now, nothing. 

I noticed previously that when my neighbor adds me to his, I don't get notices either, and we went over his configuration. 

This is a serious problem that needs fixing asap.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lywaz 

Do all users see the "feeds" option at the bottom of the Arlo app?

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lywaz Are these Android or iOS devices? 

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Android. Samsung Galaxy s21. Android version 13.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you,

I have notified the team and I will report back with more info as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have all devices tried removing and re-installing the Arlo app?

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

We both uninstalled and reinstalled. That actually appears to have worked. 

Now if clicking on the notification would NOT turn on live mode in the app for that camera... would be preferable. Should just take you to the feed.