Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notification SOUND

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mary103
Follower
Follower

When receiving a camera alert (push notification) via the app (text), is there any way to change the notification sound to be DIFFERENT than my chosen text message sound???? This would be very nice to have available! My husband is overseas and occasionally texts me in the middle of the night.  It would be nice to be able to differentiate the push notification from ARLO over regular text sound. I looked at my setting on my IPhone 5S but didn't see anything that would let me change it.  

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The SOUND of the push alert is controlled by the phone/device...some allow you to change it under settings-sounds in the device.... some don't

PS don't have an iphone but do have an ipad... the ipad has many sound choices and prob the phone does too

You also could poss change the pushes to email only which can use a diff sound.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
treaty
Tutor
Tutor

So i was frustrated as well that the Android Arlo app does not let you set custom push notification sounds.  Android has an API for this, the Arlo app just isn't using it.  

I saw another thread where someone had enabled email notifications in the Arlo app and set up custom filters and VIP notification sounds in the Gmail application to simulate this... but it's a kludgy workaround and due to the delay inherant in email you always end up getting the custom notification seconds or minutes after the push notification from the app.

Until Arlo integrates custom notification sounds into thier app, this is the best workaround I've found so far (android only unfortuneatly):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ws.stefma.soundcontroll&hl=en

Barnzy
Initiate
Initiate

I completely agree.

Push notification sounds should be customisable and distinguishable from less important notifications!

Barnzy
Initiate
Initiate

Perhaps there is a way to change the Push notification sound in iPhones, however in the Andoid Arlo app it is not possible to set a unique push notification sound.