Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased Arlo system in Dec 2019 and just opened it 2 days ago. Saying I need to pay $150/year?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Unhappycamerama
Follower
Follower

I purchased a 4 camera Arlo system in December 2019.  I just opened the box two days ago and installed.  Problems with recording and notifications.  Contacted Arlo who told me cameras will not update and work properly without some security package that costs $150.00 per year.  What a bait and hook rachet.  You purchase the cameras and then you have to pay another $150.00 per year to make them work?  You are not told this up front.  RUN, RUN RUN AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure what model you have but are you sure you didn't call a scam number. But the newer models have a trial subscription for smart subscription options if that's what you called a security package but should  still have basic functions. The older ones still have a 7 day free cloud storage. Either way they will "update" as you said they told you. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Unhappycamerama,

Make sure you contacted the correct Arlo support team with the following link: Support Team 

Also read here to learn how to avoid Arlo support scams: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?