Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Purchased 2 whole Arlo HD Security camera systems with 4 cameras each and 2 routers each -

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JulieT
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, friends,

I purchased my first Arlo system with the netgear router and 4 cameras for home monitoring.   Loved it so much, I bought another whole system.

BUT....   as I added my 6th camera, I was not able to use it because Arlo requested to charge my charge card for a monthly fee!!   Wait a minute,

Baba louie. ..   I purchased 2 entire systems, totalling 8 cameras, and 2 routers.    But now I cannot add my 6th camera unless I pay a fee per month?

This is an incentive to just return the 2nd Arlo system entirely.   My 6th, 7th, and 8th camera will not be usable to me unless I pay.   But I thought I already

paid $1,000 for 2 systems, and would just add the 4 cameras free, since I shelled out another $500. 

After calling Arlo support (in the Phillipines), they said in order for me to avoid the monthly fee, I would have to start up a new email address, install the 2nd router, and then I could use the cameras in my second Arlo box that I bought.   So, even though I paid for the 2 systems, there really is no benefit at all for me now. 

It would be more work for me to check 2 separate email address accounts, and pay someone to install my 2nd netgear box (I use a Time machine, so it was more difficult to set this up).

I've spent $1,000 now, and only able to use my one router and 4 cameras (+ 1 from the new box, but I'll return that now!) 

Suggestion to Arlo --   rework this so that if a customer purchases a second full system, they are not required to pay a monthly fee when they install the 6th of their 8 cameras.

Also, my push notifications stopped last night and that was a hassle.   It is now working, but this system and the company need to look at these issues.

thank you

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The levels for cameras has been 5 for basic ( free ) , then 10 , then 15 ( both $ accounts ) since the start....

I don't think it's going to change.

The only way around this is to set up a second account for free with a new login/password and then share as 'friend' the account back to you.

Or use a split screen that many browsers support and have tow logins.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------