Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem syncing a new wireless cam

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Linder281
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo wireless 2 cam system with base station some weeks ago.

The installation went flawless and has worked perfectly since then.

Then I ordered an additional wireless cam so that I would have 3.

I´ve followed the steps and read all FAQ´s regarding this and it still wont sync with the base station.

The cam only continues to flash blue slowly.

I´ve tried to restart the cam and also the base station. And I have the cam within 10cm when trying to sync.

I dont hold the button, just press so that the sync light on the base station flashes.

Any ideas what can be wrong or have I received a faulty cam?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could return the camera for a replacement or create a trouble ticket.  Seems odd - I'd be thinking a bad camera. Did you use the power switch to restart the base or the the Restart button on the app or browser?  The power switch seems to be a better choice.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Linder281,

Consider trying to go through the sync process after replacing the batteries in the affected camera with a fresh set. Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues syncing your camera.

JamesC

Linder281
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I´ve now replaced the batteries in the camera with a fresh set.

I still have the same problem. 😞

Regards // Johan

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Linder281,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to investigate this issue further. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC