Problem setting up Arlo base station VMB3000

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alexanderleal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the unit from a house content sale. When I tried to set up the unit, the base station cannot be detected. Called tech support and they said it is still registered to the old owner. Is there any way I can transfer the unit to my account? The owners had moved and I do not have their contact info. Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexanderleal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks TomMac. I was able to create my profile and reset the base station. I was following the instruction on the manual for factory reset but its didn't work. The simple reset did the job. Now the battery concerns me. I haven't used it much and I actually turn the camera off. In 2 days, it used 24% already

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that only Netgear can clear the old user name connected to the serial number on the base.

You may have to supply some form of proof of sale/purchase for them to do so.

( btw, not the same problem with the cameras as they will link to any base ).

The only chance you have of doing it yourself is by a factory reset by holding the reset in for about ten secs till the leds flash ... but don't think that will help as it auto picks up the serial number after

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
alexanderleal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks TomMac. I was able to create my profile and reset the base station. I was following the instruction on the manual for factory reset but its didn't work. The simple reset did the job. Now the battery concerns me. I haven't used it much and I actually turn the camera off. In 2 days, it used 24% already
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

alexanderleal wrote:

Yes... leave the batteries in the Camera without the base on can drain batteries...this is known ( I guess in order to keep it more water resistant, they ommited the physical on/off switch like the original Vuezones ( weren't waterproof ))

If the base is to be totally turned off for a day or two it's better to open the battery door for the cameras.

BTW, if batteries are needed, they are much cheaper online thru one of the better dealers like Batteryjunction vs local store.  I paid about $1.40 for last ones vs almost $4 in store.... *** Only buy from a well rated online dealer as there are fakes out there.

Morse is faster than texting!
Alexanderleal00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks TomMac. My base station is always online. I never turn it off. It is the camera that that I turn off through the settings of the device. Does that drain the camera as well? In the 2 days that I had it, I only had about 30 mins in total of use. Good deal on the battery. Batteries cost more here in canada. I paid almost $50 cnd for the set of 4!