Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pretty Fed up with not connecting to cameras - Web and Mobile App

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
cardcowsports
Follower
Follower

I'm very close to returning these as I'm constantly fighting with the web and mobile app to view the live video from any one of my four cameras. I bought the 4 camera package yesterday based on good reviews from most sites. I've got 3 cameras set up outside and one "roamer" for inside. Setup went off without a hitch but no matter what settings or web browser I use, I am constantly fighting to see live video when I click on any of the camera's in my account. I'm constantly getting the "Please Wait" spinning wheel for about a minute before it "Request Timed Out" or "The Camera Failed to Connect, Please Try Again". All 4 of my camera's have full battery life and full wireless signal to the base station. I've been dealing with this for most of today and I'm about ready to return these to Best Buy.

I figured I'd post here first (1. to vent my frustration, 2. To see if anyone else has had this issue and had it resolved).

Thanks in advance.

*Edit* I have restarted the base station multiple times, rebooted my cable modem and router, resynced all the cameras. 

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not knowing your browser and internet access speed.... they both make a bigger difference than the battery and wifi signal in these cases.

In your case, the first thing I'd do is try Chrome and then Fire Fox as browsers... makes a diff at times.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

I spent 4 days with ZERO support from Arlo or Netgear but my problem was no internet connection. I had a green light and was finally told that my upload speed was too slow? ...... It was the same slow speed that worked for 60 days.  Anyway, on my own I decided to  click on the NEW SYSTEM SETUP and satrt over?  I had to re do everything but it is working for now? ...... Same speed same hardware same cables same cameras just a NEW account?

Gordini
Initiate
Initiate

Am having similar problems.  Only on my android tablet (older Nexus 7) can I get live camera options.  PC with Firefox can view/delete videos, but no go with live.  Chromebook can only delete but not view anything.  Also note the "working" android tablet can only delete vids one at a time.  There should be a multi-select or select all to delete.  This should be a simple fix!  I am thinking about returning the whole 3 camera system to amazon although the basic install went OK, have spent many hours trying to get everthing working....BUMMER

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many browser issues revolve around Flash. Check to make sure you've got the latest installed and enabled. For multi-delete on the tablet, press and hold on a video to activate the selection boxes on all videos for that day.

purplegunk
Guide
Guide

having a problem watching recorded video on my chromebook.  works on my phone and desktop but chromebook can't play recorded video however live feeds are working on chromebook.  any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Chromebooks have been said to be unsupported.

67Cougar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the two camera setup yesterday, again based upon good reviews.  Took 6 attempts to get an account established, the website just kept hanging.  Finally got that done.  Base station is installed, green lights and internet connection (fiber optic connection, no NO speed issues).  Neither camera will SYNC.  Now, can't LOGIN to account - no matter how many times I try, it just keeps hanging.  I can get into this support site (obviously), but cannot get into my account.

No live support?

This thing is about to go back in the box and be returned unless ARLO can get me some answers.....

ih8gates
Tutor
Tutor

TL;DR version: When adding new cameras, start in the app, not with the pairing button on your hub/router. 

Arlo apparently had some significant server issues yesterday (1/14/2016). That may have been a cause of problems for new setups yesterday.

I was having trouble with one of my cameras (I just bought my first 2 Arlo Wireless). Viewing live video was sometimes not workign. I'd see weird things in the app where the name of my camera would flicker like it was trying to work out the camera's status (and value the running man, wifi strength, batteries).

The camera that I had trouble with was my second camera. I was just paring this camera without using the Arlo app or portal by simply pressing the button on my router (R7000, not an Arlo hub).

When I went through the App and chose "add new camera", then specified what it was connected to (the router), everything went smoothly and I've had no connection issues since.

purplegunk
Guide
Guide

re: chromebooks being unsupported,  mine worked fine until this last *update* that they did 😞

Gordini
Initiate
Initiate

After the problems on 1/14/16 and many others I read about on this forum, I decided to send the system back.  Lucky it came from Amazon and I had another week to return it.  For several days after this problem, little things (slow response, live not working on and off, etc.) kept reminding me that this System is not very secure.  There were no messages on the app to tell me NETGEAR had a problem and nothing on their website either.  I spent several hours troubleshooting, swapping cameras, resetting, resynching thinking the problem was on my end.  Then late in the day I found out from this forum the "Cloud" servers were again having problems.  I packed it up and sent it back for a full refund.  The hardware might be OK, but the software, not so.  Netgear should at least have a phone number to call for system status....  Thanks to this forum for posting. 

Sorry to go, but I must say "Bye, Bye Birdie"!