Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Wakamba
Aspirant
Aspirant

An invitation was sent to me, I accepted it and created my account. When I go to feed, I cannot access. Instead a notification popped up say that I have access a premium feature. How do I get rid of this pop up 

18 REPLIES 18
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wakamba wrote:

An invitation was sent to me, I accepted it and created my account. When I go to feed, I cannot access. Instead a notification popped up say that I have access a premium feature. How do I get rid of this pop up 

Likely the person who sent you the invite is still using the older "Library" interface.

Ask them is they see "Library" at the bottom of the app page, or whether they see "feed" and "dashboard" instead.

Wakamba
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Dashboard and feed 
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wakamba wrote:
  • Dashboard and feed 

So both accounts show Dashboard and feed???

Wakamba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry it’s says device and library 

Wakamba
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account says dashboard and feed and the owner own says device and library 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wakamba wrote:

Sorry it’s says device and library 

The two accounts need to match.  Either both need to be library, or both need to be feed.

You can't migrate from feed to library, but you can migrate from library to feed.

The procedure is a bit clunky.  The person using "libary" goes to "add device" and then starts to add a Pro 5s camera.  They can't finish that, since they don't have that camera.  But the process will migrate them to feed.

If the other account is the one using "Library", you should warn the user that the experience is quite different.  One limitation is that "Feed" has no custom modes.

Wakamba
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you 

Wakamba
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I change mine to library 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wakamba wrote:

How do I change mine to library 

You can't.  

It's possible to migrate from Library->Feed, but there is no way to go back to Library.

javad
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. Under Feed there is this notification below, and there is nothing I can do to change it. Arlo does not have technical support either.

"You found a premium feature.

Visit Arlo on the web to manage plans and devices"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Answered in your other post. One post is sufficient.

javad
Guide
Guide

Information regarding "Feed" not working after 2 months was not communicated to me at time of purchase. Nowhere on the packet it says that feed will not be working after 2 months!

javad
Guide
Guide

This is borderline fraud. The "feed" is disabled for you to buy subscription. Without purchased subscription that message will not go away. This information is not communicated to buyers at time of purchase or mentioned on the package.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@javad wrote:

This information is not communicated to buyers at time of purchase or mentioned on the package.

The need for a subscription is on the package (though maybe not as prominent as it should be).  It is also stated by the Arlo on-line stores.  For instance, this screenshot from Amazon.com:

subscription.png

You do need to scroll down to see this (not sure if Arlo has any control over that).

Arlo doesn't have control over all storefronts (on-line or brick and mortar), and some users have posted here saying they were misinformed by sales people.

Peeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Two Accounts?"  What do you mean?  

I have one account.  I upgraded my iOS app which changed the GUI format from "Library" to "Feed."  But I still have only one account.  Despite my troubleshooting efforts I still cannot get my newer cameras to return to the Feed.  Older cameras do still populate videos on the Feed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peeep wrote:

"Two Accounts?"  What do you mean?  

This particular issue was posted by a user who was using the "friend" account feature.  So there were two accounts - the primary account where the cameras were installed, and the "friend" account to which the cameras were shared.

Your issue is different, and you should have started your own discussion thread.

@Peeep wrote:

Despite my troubleshooting efforts I still cannot get my newer cameras to return to the Feed.  Older cameras do still populate videos on the Feed.

What model are the various cameras?  Currently sold cameras (Ultra, pro 4, pro 4, pro 5, essential) all require a subscription to get cloud storage.  Old cameras (pro, pro 2, and some others) have 7 days of free cloud storage.

So the first thing to check is the subscription status.

Peeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Base Station is a CMB5000r5.  

My camera environment includes a couple of older Pro models, Ultra2 models, and I recently purchase a Pro 5S 2K.  Prior to adding the Pro 5S 2K, I had all the Ultra2 models saving their videos on the card inserted in the Base Station.  So from the old app's "Library" I was able to view older model's footage via the Cloud, and the new model's footage via the Card.

In response to adding the new Pro 5S 2K, I upgraded the Arlo app on my iOS iPhone.  The feature "Library" is gone and it now entitled "Feed."  

Right now the Base Station is still configured to use the inserted card.  Yet none of my newer cameras are showing video footage under the "Feed" feature.  Instead a message appears stating "Get unlimited video cloud storage for 30 days with Arlo Secure.  Visit Arlo on the web to manage your plans and devices."  I don't want to switch to cloud storage, not for the trial period, nor beyond.  Yet I am unable to select the "card" as my choice.

Failed troubleshooting efforts include:
*  Factory resetting the Base Station.
*  Updating the Firmware on the Camera (Ultra2) that isn't sending videos to Feed.
*  Readding cameras to the Base Station (multiple times already).
*  Unable to contact a live person in Support.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peeep wrote:

Right now the Base Station is still configured to use the inserted card.  Yet none of my newer cameras are showing video footage under the "Feed" feature.  

Thanks, that extra information helps.

Local storage doesn't show up in "Feed", so it is a bit of a mystery that your Ultra recordings are there.  The Pro still has 7-day free cloud storage, so those recordings should be in Feed.  You should see the Pro recordings w/o getting the premium pop-up, so that is another mystery.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN  ) in case they want to follow up.

To see the local recordings you need to

1. go to the "Devices" page
  2. select the smarthub, which will open the smarthub device settings
  3. choose "Storage Settings"

There you'll see a toggle switch for "Record Locally", with "Local Storage Settings" right underneath.  Any local recordings will be shown right below the "Local Storage Settings" control.

IMO these extra steps are a nuisance, adding to the poor overall experience with local storage.