Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
denjen
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot find preferences under the settings tab.  I want to verify/change the recording options for old recordings but I cannot find them.  I also cannot find the notification button for low battery notification.  Why is this changed and not one answer from anyone from Netgear????

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The low battery button has been removed as an option tho it has been stated that it still sends out an email when it gets low. Also battery icon turns orange ( i believe )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I just changed batteries when I saw an orange, 1 bar battery icon.  I did not receive a low battery email which JamesC has said is supposed to be working but for some reason is not.  You option right now is to monitor the battery icon and change when it turns orange.  You can wait until it goes to 0 bars but then you're on the edge of being able to use the camera.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll let it run next time and see how many days I get after yellow.

Morse is faster than texting!
ScottR83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Have you found where you can change preferences to manage the storage? Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are no settings to manage storage and never were. There used to be a notification as to how much storage you were using but that's been eliminated since there's no longer a space limitation, only a time one based on your plan (7 days for basic).

Most settings are now in the Mode tab by editing your modes.

ScottR83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thank you. I guess Netgear has a error in their manual. I saw this on page 28 in the user manual I downloaded that is dated Oct 2015
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
The manual has not kept up with updates.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
ScottR83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thank you