Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power off from storm

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dan1410
Aspirant
Aspirant
If my power goes out from a storm and then comes back on do I have to reset the base. My Arlo is at a second home in the mountains the power was out for a few days and now it's back on but my Arlo shows out I was hoping I would not have to drive back up to reset
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Power outages for that long may well drain the batteries in the cameras because they keep trying to connect to the base. A LARGE UPS/battery backup could help you fly through that but you'd have to measure current draw and decide on how long an outage you need to endure. A solar charger may help as long as it doesn't get covered with snow, etc.

I'm not surprised that the outage left things in a bad state. The cameras may become un-synced as well as just depleting the batteries. If you can see the base in the app, you may be able to restart it and regain control but I have my doubts.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo Go doesn't connect to a base, does it?

Dan1410
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it shows the base is off line
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Restart button in the base settings isn't gray out, you could try that...

it may also mean the modem is out too as the base usu comes back when the router does

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Dan1410
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is a second home and it's a 2-1/2 hours away do I have no way of knowing what color anything is right now
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At this point, your only solution is physical presence by someone.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

And , please,  let us know what you find as to reason...be it Arlo, router, modem, etc... it only helps others down the line.

Morse is faster than texting!