Poor customer service

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jaswah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo vmb 3500 & 3 battery cameras. They r all in great condition, & show that wifi is good. The app won’t recognize any of them, & when I attempt to connect when it shows on my settings/wifi as arlo_vmb_9384….etc. & asks for PW will not accept my PW &no choice to “forget your PW” option. So I’m SOL. I’ll buy another brand asap. But I am pretty upset with arlo. I’ve tried calling etc.  nothing!!!

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jaswah wrote:

when I attempt to connect when it shows on my settings/wifi as arlo_vmb_9384….etc. & asks for PW will not accept my PW &no choice to “forget your PW” option. 

You can't join the Arlo WiFi network.  It's a closed network (only used by the cameras).

@Jaswah wrote:

I have an arlo vmb 3500 & 3 battery cameras. They r all in great condition, & show that wifi is good. The app won’t recognize any of them

What is the LED status on the base?

Is this a fresh install, or was the equipment working for you before?

Jaswah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve used it in the past and it worked well. The wifi led is green. I have 3 lights. Two are steady green. The camera led is orange. I’ve tried sincing my cameras. Can’t do it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jaswah wrote:

The wifi led is green. I have 3 lights. Two are steady green. 

Ok.  Is the base station showing up in your account, and showing an on-line status?

@Jaswah wrote:

I’ve tried syncing my cameras. Can’t do it. 

Assuming the base is on-line, try reinserting fresh batteries but only lightly place them in the slots so the battery door does the pushing. Then briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it) followed by a camera sync button. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solid amber Camera LED means the base is not claimed by any account. You need to remove all devices connected to the base as well as the base itself from your account and claim it again. Only after that can you connect cameras to the base.

mcbrown0310
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been trying to reach someone there is no phone number to speak to anyone and no way for me to to get this resolved. I was charged for some thing on my account that I never ordered. What is happened to the customer service with this company, you totally suck.!! I cannot believe you cannot help people when there is a scam going on. I am going to call the bank and I’m going to report a Arlo as fraud.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcbrown0310,

Are you referring to a charge to your bank statement? Do you have an active Arlo Secure subscription? Where does the bank statement show the charges came from?

JamesC